Wednesday, April 11, 2007

This is getting ugly...

Seriously. I lost another pound this last week, which is great, but... or should I say butt. As in, "I am finding it hard to motivate my BUTT".

Twice this week I have left the house, new mp3 player in tow, hell bent on getting to the gym. This is almost too ridiculous to write; both times I have found myself distracted into not going. I am confounded at my ability to be so easily led astray.

I mean seriously, I have a backbone and stand up to everyone on everything, but this... well I just keep shrugging and saying, "okay, yours must be more important". Which it isn't, I know that. I should be first for once. Weight loss needs to be a very high priority, but somehow I can't get over this hump.

I mean, obviously I am eating right or I wouldn't still be losing weight. But physical activity has MANY more benefits than weight loss. Of course, I know that too.

So I will try again tomorrow morning. My stumbling block this time, at least I see it coming, is that I am working until midnight tonight and probably won't fall asleep until 1 or so. The problem is, if I want to workout before I have to be back at work at 9, I have to do it early. Well, I am not a morning person as it is...

You know, when this weight loss journey started I used to get four hours sleep after a long night at work and still be up and ready to hit the treadmill. Can someone find that person? I would like to reacquaint myself with her. The sad thing is she was in such bad shape, so overweight and still did it.

Have I become complacent? I think so.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 192

No comments:

Post a Comment