Saturday, April 28, 2007

Inspiration

As you can see from my posts my workouts are as sporadic as my blogging. Recently however Entertainment Weekly appeared in my mailbox with well, amazing inspiration.
This is Gerard Butler in "300", his abs make men suck in their guts and women forget their names. I fall into the later category. I have also fallen spellbound by what Butler and the other cast members of "300" went through to look that breathtaking.

I haven't started dead lifting tractor tires, but I am an information junky, so the more I learn about it the more I want to know. One thing is clear: It is not a realistic workout for anyone starting out or without supervision. Here is a video that hits the high points: (Ladies, note the sexy Scottish accent)


So why am I inspired? Because effort pays off. Because you CAN radically change your body. Because hard work will be met with the results you desire. Because I can aspire to having a body worthy of a man with a body like that. (No need to drag me back into reality, I know Mr. Butler is not in my sphere. Nor do you need to remind me that a man does not validate my accomplishments, I'm clear on that too.)

So now I am working out again. I am also keeping in motion when I am not on a treadmill. I stand at the computer, I walk from office to office rather than sending e-mail and my nephew and I are always on the go. Combined with my healthy food habits, (remember this is not a diet) I am back on track in a major way.

This next week I will meet my latest short term goal - I will be at or below my lowest weight in 10 years. I am going to reward myself by finally going to see the movie that has launched a thousand workout regimes. (oh, wait, wrong sword and sandals epic) Check it out here: "300".

As for how the weight loss is going, I have lost 4 pounds since I last posted my weight. Yes, I am happy and yes, it is work, but I am inspired.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 188

No comments:

Post a Comment