Sunday, August 23, 2009

Iowa State Fair

I am going tonight for a few hours.  We will eat junk - I know that.  That is a requirement of going to the fair.  Everything must be fried and/or fat and/or horribly bad for you.

But, to quote Scarlet O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day".  In fact, that is exactly how I planned it.  Over the last few days, I have made a change here, a change there.  I am reviewing old food logs and blog entries.  I am back to reading fitness magazines.  I have made a commitment to do a 5K in the spring and a 10K next fall.  I am committed to running by the time I reach Disney World.

None of this will be possible without real change.  Today I went to Target and picked up healthier snacks.  I plan to get back to only snacking on fruit whole grains and lean protein.  But realistically, I need to ween myself off sugar.  So, a granola bar here, 100 calorie cookie pack there and I am still better off than diving face first in the vending machine.  A place my friend Karess says she wants, "Chips with fat, why bother if you're not gonna be bad."  LOL.  Indeed.

Anyway, Lori is headed home and then we are off to the fair.  What a better way to end the year of the binge than at a place that originated it?

Yours in positive change, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment