Thursday, March 22, 2007

Crossroads

I am standing at a four way stop. Straight ahead is a possible one pound a week weight loss with no guarantees. Behind me is gaining weight back. To the left is trying some fad to help up my weight loss every week, like a "fat burner" powder. To the right, the road I have stared down since my late teens, it's Exercise Avenue. It's ill lit, bumpy and filled with pit falls.

And it is my only real way home to a new me.

Dorothy, that skinny tart, got a gold brick road and fab shoes. I am contemplating the germy tread mill at the gym and my too well loved running shoes. Why can't I just click my heels and end up back in bed in Iowa (close to Kansas anyway) being told that being fat was "all a dream, just look, you're still a size 10". That's the least of my fantasies about losing weight, but it's a nice one none-the-less.

What all of this is about is I have not been to the gym in a couple of months. I have been sick or lazy and it is coming home to roost. I now only average a pound a week weight loss and I am doing it by being a hard core food policeman with myself. Every inch of me knows that this would be easier and faster if I would go to the gym and yet I am not writing this on a blackberry from the locker room. In fact, said gym sent me a reminder that my membership expires in the middle of next month and now I am contemplating my next move.

It is getting warmer here, so do I shun a gym membership for now and take my walking to the streets? Do I re-up with the same gym, which hasn't seemed as attractive to me? Do I find a new gym, with new people for new motivation? Or do I get a personal trainer to kick me in the butt? The last one I question whether I can afford, but might as well throw it in the pile too.

My plan had been to get off the bulk of my weight, say down to 165-170 and then hit it hard with one of those extreme body shaping classes. But now, well the weight loss is taking longer than I anticipated - of course, duh, not working out will do that. So, I am having to reevaluate what's next and how to move this along.

After having typed all of that, I still have no answer. LOL. Like my fingers flying across the keyboard were supposed to create an epiphany. I will have to think, I hope that burns calories.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 195 (Yes, I lost a pound)

No comments:

Post a Comment