Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Compliments

Sorry, I haven't posted, working seven days a week has begun to take its toll. I will muddle through though, I need the money. I will find my footing and balance, it's just taking a bit longer than I would like.

One side benefit of working has been people seeing me in public more often. That has led to compliments due to my weight loss, lots of them.

The problem is, I am not used to so many kind words about my appearance. People have always liked my work, often glowing about my abilities. But the best anyone could come up with about how I looked was, "You have such a pretty face". LOL. Then the truly tactless would follow it up with, "Now, if you'd just lose weight...".

I used to poo-poo people when they would pay me any compliment. I would down-play comments or offer up reasons why that might be true, but this other thing was wrong. A while ago I trained myself to take the kindness and say thank you; even if inside I do not agree.

Lately though, I can almost believe the things people are saying. I do look better than I have in years, about 20 years to be precise, at least as far as my body goes. (Lack of sleep is taking its toll on my face though, I look worn out. Proof of that was 3 seconds of me on Fox News at 9 the other night.)

As far as my body, I have a ways to go. Yet I am more confident than ever that I will reach my goals and be healthy and strong for the rest of my life. And that's the greatest compliment I could ever pay myself.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 163 pounds (Yes, I lost 3 pounds, hot damn!)

2 comments:

  1. 163! You are my hero!

    As far as compliments go, I have no idea how to help you deal with them, but you are, in fact, looking HOTT! Too bad I'm getting married to your brother, we could've broken many boys' hearts together. Now you're on your own. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Thank you, as usual you are too kind.

    But selfishly, I am glad you are marrying my brother. So I don't mind scoping men on my own. :)

    ReplyDelete