Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Long Week

Posting has been on my mind every day this week. I enjoy it and it can be very carthatic. But this week got away from me because a lot happened.

It was my last week with Caelen. I spent every moment on the go with him, so we didn't waste the time we had. We had a lot of fun. I love him so much, the next few weeks will be hard, as I get used to being without him. I am going to have to figure out my schedule so I can pick and afternoon to grab him from school once a week. That way we can have a "date" as Annette has suggested.

We have been so close, I do not want to lose that relationship. I hope to maintain it throughout his life. I hope to be the person he comes to when there are things he can't tell his mom and dad. I think it will take due diligence so that I do not get swept away in being busy with a job, but he is and will always be, a priority for me.

The other reason the week has been long is because I have worked every day. A friend and mentor of mine was let go at work and I have been put in the appreciated, but uncomfortable position of taking over her duties. Everyone, well almost everyone, has been supportive and knows that this was a corporate decision and I had nothing to do with it. Even she has offered up her support, saying if they fill her job, I deserve to have it. That typifies who she is, kind and selfless. It was a real blow to everyone when they showed her the door. I am still a bit in shock. I have been interested in a job like hers since I was in high school, but I am not the kind of person that would walk over anyone for a promotion and certainly not a friend.

The night she was let go I was too tired and sad from the stress of the situation to workout. So I went to bed early. Which is pretty much a requirement of filling in for her anyway. I have to be at work at 4 a.m., Monday through Friday. I have not done that regularly in years and then I was younger. So I am going to have to figure out how to make it work. Then again, the position is not necessarily mine permently, so we will see what the future holds.

I have still been finding time for workouts the rest of the week though. And while I faced stress, I was able to stare down pizza, scones and a number of other "naughty" things and win. Therefore, weight loss wise, it was a good week, despite not losing any weight as of weigh-in on Tuesday. Oh well, another Tuesday is right around the corner, in the midst of another long week.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 166 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment