Sunday, August 5, 2007

Gerard Butler Continues to Inspire

The movie "300" came out on DVD this past Tuesday. I grabbed it from the shelves at Target that evening. The movie is awesome, if you like action, and I love it. But it fueled a different passion in me when it hit theatres in March. After learning what the actors, especially star Gerard Butler, had done to ready for their roles, I was inspired, even in awe.


For what would be short term gain, they put their bodies through hell. It paid off in spades on screen, every muscle moves and you see it, it's really phenomenal. Long term, Gerard did some permanent damage to his body with overtraining.

The reasons he continues to inspire me are: his passion in accomplishing what he did and his passion for life; the fact that he is realistic and recognizes that his extreme change could not be permanent; and his wonderful sense of humour through the whole process.

I am passionate, sometimes too much so; constantly seeking my new and ever changing reality; and if I didn't keep my sense of humour during all of this, I would be in serious trouble.

So, here is a reminder of how I felt about the movie:My "300" Review. I highly suggest you pick it up when you can, even if you just rent it.

Right now I am going to go do a screening in the conference room for our company's interns. Hey, just trying to pass on the Inpiration.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 166 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment