Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Struggling with Time

It's the end of the year already and yet, it feels like one of the longer years of my life. I feel days go by so fast and yet they feel long. I am beginning to wonder if I did something to vex Father Time and he has distorted my sense of time as retribution.

This has led to feeling like I am in a warp at work. A fight to figure in workouts, even if they are just upper body. And wondering how the hell my house will be ready for Thursday's impending holiday.

There are moments I want to go by faster - pain in my knee. And those I would like to bring to a crawl - any time with my nephew.

I want to learn to appreciate time. To slow down and enjoy the moment. To manage it and make it work for me. And take time waits for no man or woman.

So, while I find myself wishing away 2008 because it has been a bit lousy, I'm hoping it doesn't go to fast, I still have lots to do.

Yours in transition, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment