Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am an Alfred Hitchcock Movie

Yep, I have vertigo.  :)  I have been dizzy since before my family went to Disney World, but last week I caved and went to the doctor about it. 

(After being naughty and looking on WebMD - I say naughty because you know how it is, you look up a symptom and suddenly you have some devastating disease when it's just a hang nail.)

Anyway, she sent me to an ear, nose and throat doc because my ears are getting progressively worse.  I saw him on Monday and he confirmed my WebMD diagnosis - vertigo.  People have thought for years I had something rattling loose in my head - now they are right. Yep, let the jokes begin.  If you don't know what vertigo is, it's basically there are some crystals that are supposed to even your keel, well they drop out of place and make you dizzy and nauseous.  (Actual medical explanation here.)

So tomorrow after weeks of being queasy every time I get up, lay down or turn my head too quickly, I am headed to the chiropractor to get my box of rocks right.  This should definitely make crunches a little less spiny.

Yours in health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment