Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Well, isn't this ice?

This has definitely been a winter.  Today it's an ice storm that has thus far dropped almost half an inch of glossy junk.  It's a mix of ice and frigid water at the moment, but tonight it will freeze into a rink - something to look forward to. :)

Of course, bad weather days generally mean crappy food for me.  I was able to plan ahead a bit this time and my snacks are all healthy.  The upside to a day like this is that I am so busy, I don't have time to obsess over food, which is my main problem.

I am a food addict.  Even as my weight rose this time, I knew what the problem really was.  I love food.  When I am stressed, I love food that is bad for me, because it is comforting.  When I am happy, I want 'celebration' food.  When I am sad, I want sugar.  So, not only am I a food addict, but I am emotional eater.  I figure it's like any duel addiction, because each issue has its own solution.

I am taking each day as it comes and trying to figure out solutions for each moment that tests me.  But like I have said before - I would take almost any other addiction, because you can stop alcohol or drugs, but you need food to live. 

Here's to a snow day without a trip to the vending machine.

Yours in health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment