Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cookie Week - Macaroons

The biggest calories here are the coconut and sugar.  The upside, most of the fat in coconut is healthy.  There is also just a smidgen of shortening and a drizzle of chocolate.  Overall, not too bad and you get little snowy puffs for your holiday table.

This one comes from Better Homes & Gardens via Kitchen Daily.  When I went looking for the final treat for Cookie Week, this made me salivate a little and that's how it was chosen.  (Very scientific.)

I also like this one, because unlike most macaroon recipes, this doesn't require you to bake them two or three times.  One time in the oven, then move to cool.  In our time strapped lives, this seemed like a good fit.

Well, that's it for Cookie Week.  For the next couple of days I will give you some inspiration, update you on my health and get you ready for THE week. :)

Yours in a Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment