Sunday, June 17, 2007

Just Keep Going

I blogged about my shin splint the other day. I was able to go find a support, as my friend mentioned. I have yet to wear it.

That is because I had a male moment last night, when I went to run with my brother. My shin was feeling pretty good, so I must not need it right? Yea right. Testosterone is a funny thing, it affects women the same way as men, we become invincible. LOL.

Well, it turned out o.k., because Gordon was understanding. We had walked/run a couple of miles and I asked if we could just slow to a walk. O.k., my walk is 4 miles an hour or better, which Gordon hates, but it's not as jarring as running.

Today it hurts, but it is getting better. As is my calf, which I just looked and I have not mentioned. I have no idea what I did, but Thursday I ended up with a cramp in my right calf and it was hard to walk. I took Friday off from working out, because it's my usual day off anyway and I stretched the calf and massaged it. By last night it was o.k. to run. It's still a little sore, but it could be worse.

And what is the lesson learned in all of this, just keep going. Now, I don't mean be unreasonable, but your body will make it clear if exercise is a problem. As for me, it's best to just keep going because otherwise my evil twin Luci will return with plans of how we can "just keep resting", so it will get better of course.

I have a great story about what else I found at the mall when I went to get my shin support, but I will share that later. All I will say for now is, "Damn".

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 178 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment