Thursday, June 7, 2007

Walking Club

I have started a Walking Club at work. Our first walk was Monday and it was just me and one other guy. But today it was me, him and another guy. I have several promises of people joining up this next Monday. We are doing it on Mondays and Thursdays because that is what fits my schedule.

We are walking at 5:30 in the evening, which gives everyone a chance to clear their desks, change and meet in the lobby. I am hoping my obvious weight loss, coupled with other people joining, will create motivation for others to join.

I walk/run before or after the walks with everyone else, because I do not expect anyone to be at my pace straight out of the gate. Then we walk as a group for 30 minutes. That's for the moment, 15 out, 15 back. This not only lessens the chance that anyone will fall off, it shows them that you can fit exercise into your life without it owning you.

I am using this as an outlet for my urge to help others get healthier, it's fun. It also feeds my need to take care of the world. Someday I will win the lottery and be able to pay to help things happen. But for now I will simply try to help one out of shape Iowan at a time.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 179 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment