Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Overweight

I weighed in this morning.

I lost 3 pounds this week! That brings my weight to 173 and my total weight loss to 87 pounds. It also allowed me to meet one of my long term goals. My BMI now says I am "overweight" instead of "obese" or worse yet, where I started, "morbidly obese".

I am overweight.

And I am damn thrilled! LOL.

Now the next goals...

Short term - get to 170, because it's an even number. Then get to 160. The later has two points of significance - that will be my 100 pound mark AND it is what I weighed at the start of my senior year of high school. That note is important because those pictures were the last I liked of myself.

Long term - 145, that's where I go from "overweight" to "normal weight". How bizarre to even be thinking of that in terms of accomplishing it soon. It's just 28 pounds away. It's also just 10 pounds away from my original ultimate goal of 135.

That potentially means, that barring another wicked plateau, (and assuming I keep losing an average of 2 pounds a week) I could reach my original goal by the end of November. I can almost taste that victory, but...

You may have noticed I keep saying "original goal" in reference to 135. As I look at my body, I see more than 38 pounds left to lose. So now the plan is to get to 135 and reassess with a trainer what's next.

I know, I know. For the moment just concentrate on getting there.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 173 pounds

2 comments:

  1. Congradulations! I hope you reach your goal.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very kind, thank you! And I am sorry about your dog. Losing a pet is so hard. It will get better, in time.

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete