Monday, July 23, 2007

Demanding Vegetables

So, I thought Lori, the roomie, was going to kill me tonight on the phone.

I eat very little meat. Strike that. I stopped eating red meat about 5 years ago. I eat very little poultry and on occasion (though it should be more often, because it's good for you) fish.

You see as my diet has become more healthy, I have taken to eating an amazing amount of vegetables. In fact, I eat vegetarian at least 5 days a week. One of my fall off days is inevitably Sunday; my mom can't bring herself to not cook meat. I even seem to desire them more than my roomie, the former vegetarian.

Well I log my food, because keeping track of calories, fat, protein, saturated fat, cholesterol and nutrients has been key in my weight loss. I called Lori and asked what veggies we were having with dinner. I knew we were having a small serving of chicken tonight because we discussed it this morning. We are trying a new spice blend from Penzey's Spices - Smoky 4 S - Lori works there, so she has a preview for us, the public will have a chance soon.

Regarding the veggies, I suggested corn on the cob, because it's July in Iowa and it's so good it will curl your toes; she agreed to corn. She then offered up that we had green beans and carrots too. I said great, let's have them all. She just started laughing.

Now this is where I need to note that Lori is already up for saint status for living with me. She has only furthered her cause these last several months as I have been home little and she has been left to do everything. She even willingly cooks amazing meals for me when I do turn up. Without her, I would not be 92 pounds down and counting.

When she started laughing I knew I had gone too far. I was demanding vegetables. I laughed too. She laughed harder and it was getting a bit maniacal. So, I apologized and said I would take what I could get. We are having corn and carrots.

Lori is so patient.

And I am laughing at the absurdity. I have come a long way, no longer am I hoarding chocolate mousse cake, I am demanding vegetables. Ah, the thighs they are a changing.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 168 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment