Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day!


(If you live in the U.S.A.) If you don't, perhaps you are celebrating another kind of independence, the kind I am celebrating today. I am becoming free of my self-destructive habits and I love it.

In fact, the last two days have shown some of the great dividends that losing weight can provide. I walked in the West Des Moines parade last night (4 miles) and the Urbandale parade this morning (2.25 miles). This is a particular victory as I have avoided doing parades for the past two years because I was too out of shape to walk them.

In the previous years before that - I averaged 10 a year, with my personal record being 17 in one summer and best 24 hours encompassing 4. This time I had a blast and walked/ran them with such ease I could have walked back to my car if I had needed to.

So, celebrate your freedom today, whether it's from fatty foods, your couch or tyranny, I am.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 171 pounds (Yes! I lost 2 more pounds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment