Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Number Two Thing

The number two thing I am asked for on my weight loss journey is a picture. (Number one is a guide on how I have done it, I will post about that later.)

Everyone wants the "before" picture showing me just as morbidly obese as I was at 260. The funny thing is, I have looked and there may not be one. People are all but appalled when I say this. They don't understand why I didn't plan ahead. And there's the funny thing.

I put my plan on paper, for about the 300th time, told myself that this would really take this time and moved forward in earnest to make it happen. But really, I am like any other reformed and relapsed and reformed again fat person, I wasn't sure it would really happen. So, taking a picture was, frankly, the last thing on my mind. Let's be honest, if I hadn't finally made a complete lifestyle change, I would be looking at that picture right now loathing myself.

Instead, I am here posting on my weight loss blog, which, photo or none, would not have been possible without a lot of hard work. Now that's the real picture.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 171 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment