Sunday, July 1, 2007

"I'm tired."

No one can whine like I can, at least internally. Publicly I put on an "I can do anything" face and plod on. But, behind the scenes, I constantly question myself. Tonight was one of those nights.

It was 7:15 p.m. and I was fresh from helping with a problem at work. It was time to finally cram in a brief workout before working some more and then finally getting to go home for dinner. I dressed and headed for the door, but in my head the whining began, "I'm tired", "It's been a long weekend", "You should take an easy walk, you've earned it". The voice is not Luci by the way, she is far more seductive with her ideas on how to stop my downward trend in weight, it usually involves food.

Well, I let the voice linger at the back of my brain and started walking. I was going about 3 miles and hour for the first couple of blocks and then I met up with this couple who was out walking. It seemed to bother them that they had to share the sidewalk, so I decided to speed up and pass them and give them their space.

But they sped up too. And then the competitive side of me kicked in. I threw on the burners and passed them (flew past really) and kept going. Inside the whiner was like, "Okay, you're half a block ahead, that's good, now slow down". LOL. No way, the adrenaline had officially kicked in.

I ended up doing 2 miles in 26 minutes. Sometimes I amuse myself.

But what I really learned is, I have to step out the door, no matter how I feel. My body will take care of the rest.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 173 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment