Saturday, July 28, 2007

Starbucks Flavored Running Shoes

LOL. That's me laughing at myself.

I was going to "make-up" that workout last night. That was until, at 9:45 yesterday morning, I knocked over my Venti Americano with an extra shot, skim milk, sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup and Splenda, all over myself and Starbucks. Yes, ordering that is a great workout for my mouth.

The coffee didn't just spill, it exploded as it hit the table top. I dove to try and keep it from spilling on Caelen, his socks caught a little spatter but that was it (thank god), so I took the brunt. It went right down my legs and poured into my shoes - my workout shoes. A lot of the coffee was caught in my wicking running socks, but the shoes were still pretty wet.

When I got home to change I called Fitness Sports to ask how to clean them. He informed me I could wash them, but be prepared for a two day drying process, because heat is the enemy - they would shrink.

I sat and stared at the shoes as mega-kitten Mischa licked them, apparently he's a Starbucks fan as well. After my deep guilt the other night from not working out, I couldn't take the idea of going two days without sweating. Finally, I picked them up and took them to the car, the plan was they could drive around with Caelen and I until I made a decision.

Late in the afternoon I dropped the boy with his momma and went to move the shoes to get something, they were dry. LOL. They smelled like caffeine, but they were dry. And that's enough for me. And you guessed it, I ran in them this morning. The bonus is, no one has commented anything like, "do you smell coffee?"

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 166 pounds

PS - A BIG THANK YOU to the gal at my favorite Starbucks at 10th & Locust. She didn't bat an eyelash at the disaster I created. AND she got me a new drink, no charge. I believe in buying local, but their staff keeps me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment