Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

I had a very busy weekend.

Friday night I went out to celebrate Halloween for work. I dressed in a costume I created, as autumn. I took a nice brown party dress and put silk fall colored leaves on it and then had a crown of berries and fall foliage woven into my hair. People actually 'got it'. I took a couple of pictures, I will add them as soon as I upload them.

I had to go out for work to search for cavemen to give away tickets to the one-man show, "Defending the Caveman" coming to the Temple for Performing Arts. I found a couple, they were surprised to just randomly win tickets, so that was fun.

I came away with a couple of observations after our outing though. 1. All of those costumes that I thought, "That is so cute, but my body is not ready yet; maybe next year..." LOL. Uh, no. I saw women running around in them and frankly, some of them would have been wearing more if they are just gone out in panties and a bra. I may someday be that comfortable with my body, but I will never be that shameless. By the way, a note to those ladies - if you are dressed as a naughty nurse with your frilly panties sticking out of the back of your dress - do NOT be shocked when men fain illness and beg for your care mercilessly.

Saturday - I started my day at the Farmer's Market. It was very chilly, but then, the last one of the year always is. I did end up with a pastry, but I only ate half of it. I realized all of that sugar and fat just isn't what I need to put in my body. I prefer to 'spend' 300 calories on something else. But the half I had was very yummy. It was a vanilla/almond pastry from Strudel Haus. I highly recommend it as a splurge for you next summer.

I went to the gym after the appearance. I missed out on pilates, so I ran and did some weights instead. Then I went to lunch with my family. I introduced them to Wok in Motion at West Glen Town Center. They got a first hand lesson in healthier food choices when eating out. They even tried one of my favorites, steamed edamame straight from the pods. Protein, fiber, potassium and more, all in little pods.

Sunday - I tried a new class at Fitness World West. It is a core ball workout. You do almost your entire workout with the ball. From abs to hamstring to balance, you include the ball. It was very interesting. It is not, realistically for beginners. But if you have been working out for a while and have trained your abs over the past couple of months, this would be an interesting step up.

After the workout I went to my mom's for Sunday dinner. She made a Cooking Light version of paella. She even hunted down vegan chorizo to cut fat and calories. It was really good, she did a great job.

Well, I am going to go eat dinner now - talapia, broccoli, corn and other veggies.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment