Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween


This is one of those holidays that has everything to do with food. Now, before you say they all do, I have never gotten the urge for miniature candy bars on Presidents Day.

And there it is - miniature candy. By its' very name it sounds harmless, heck it starts with "mini".

However, as I spent most of the past two days reminding myself (as I was constantly plied with candy), it's only a miniature if you eat just one. When you pack along three of its friends, it could just as well be a full size candy bar or bigger.

Example: 1 Baby Ruth Miniature (what I decided to have one of on Beggar's Night): 83 calories, 4 grams of fat. Not bad, certainly better than a full size bar: 275 calories and 13 grams of fat. Or, worse yet, that urge to eat three more, because the first one was "just a taste": 332 calories, 16 grams of fat.

So remember, when I say everything in moderation - one miniature is moderation. Instead savor it and don't invite its friends, the party always gets out of control.

Yours in moderation, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment