Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A picture is worth a thousand words - part 1

I didn't get to workout today. It makes me a little crazy. But I will be back at it tomorrow with both my cardio and Traci.

My pitfall today - I needed something to wear for my photo shoot tomorrow. That's right, the Des Moines Radio Group air talents are having a professional photographer come in to take our pictures. This will be the first time I have had a pro-pic taken in 19 years, the last was my senior pictures for high school. The winter after those my weight ballooned and I began avoiding cameras like, yes, the plague.

So, now I am facing down a major mental menace tomorrow and I had nothing to wear. I know that sounds odd, but due to my eating and exercise, I keep shrinking out of everything. In fact, today as I was hunting, I found I have moved down another pant size. I am not whining, I am aware that everyone wishes that had such problems. However, shopping ate up my workout time.

I am taking three options to the photo shoot, hopefully something will work for the photographer.

NOW... the thing everyone asks me for, a "before" picture. Honestly, I have looked everywhere and this is the best I can offer. It is a chest up shot from May of 2006 that I used for a headshot as I attempted to land a walk-on role in the movie "The Final Season". I remember thinking at the time that I looked pretty good. I realize now I was deluding myself, I was morbidly obese and miserable.


Again, this is from May, I actually put on about 12-15 pounds after this was taken. I didn't start my journey to health until July 18, 2006.

Yours in health, Kate
(I still don't like that sign-off)

No comments:

Post a Comment