Monday, June 2, 2008

From the beginning... Just Give it a Try

Tip - Breaking up your usual workout routine will help keep you from plateauing AND getting bored. So when the chance to try something new comes up, do it. The worst that can happen is that you don't like it and never want to do it again.

I am always up for trying something new when it comes to exercise. I still want to try snowboarding and rock climbing and who knows what else. Anything to shock my body and potentially have fun.

I have made a new friend who is into CrossFit. It's, and I am not well versed, a combination of exercises done in sets and taken to the next level. Nobody walks away without muscle ache and intense sweat. I am intrigued, so I am going to workout with him on Saturday. The worst that can happen, because I will be guided by someone who knows what they are doing, is I don't like it and I don't do it again.

To be honest, because it involves pushing myself to the next level, chances are I will like it. He thinks I will like it too much. I have seen videos of the women he pictures my attitude emulating; they are crazy and a little scary. I never want the word scary to be directly correlated with me unless it is being given as a description to the police by an attempted mugger, "And I tried to grab her purse and she went crazy, it was scary." Something like that.

Anyway, just so you don't think I like every exercise I try, I did a fitness class at my gym which concentrated on using an exercise ball and it bored me to tears. I didn't go back.

But this Saturday, in my never ending search for fun in fitness, I am going to give CrossFit a try. You should try something new too.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment