Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Inspiration - That Oprah

This episode actually aired in November, but I didn't see it then. I watched part of it as I did stairs earlier this week at the gym. It was a great motivator for two reasons - it reminded me of where I had been AND these people did it the right way, reassuring me I had too.

All of these people lost their weight through modifying their eating habits and exercise. They are heroes and should be revered for not 'taking the easy way out' with surgery. (Too painful too be easy, frankly.) Or taking pills that would damage their liver or soil their pants. They make have been down the fad diet road before, but believe me good sense and Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) won out this time.

These people did what I have done and what anyone can do, if they care enough, saved their own lives. Read their stories at Oprah's Website.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment