Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kick Ass Workout

I splurged and had a session yesterday with trainer Traci. I do that when I need a reboot and I can't quite nail it on my own. I am going to meet with her again in about two weeks, then about once a month again.

I am going on a second date today with the guy I mentioned having lunch with last week. He does workouts based on the CrossFit training method. These are not workouts for beginners. And frankly even I am a little nervous about doing one. Which, by the way, is how we are going to start our date tomorrow sweating together doing a CrossFit workout. then it will be on to something perfect 'normal', dinner and a movie.

I needed to meet with Traci anyway, because I need to kick myself in the butt again. But I also wanted to get some guidance on workouts that push you to the limit. So Traci, never doing things half way, hooked me up. Here's what she had me do:

-15 minutes of running to warm-up

-3 minute rest

-Then 'pyramids'- 1 pull-up (all assisted with a machine)

1 dip (assisted but with much less weight)

2 pull-ups

2 dips

and so on until you get to ten of each, then you work back down - 10, 9, 8, etc. - no rest between sets

-1 minute rest

-3 minutes - bike

-1 minute rest

-Pyramids of push-ups and double crunches

-3 minutes jump-rope

-1 minute rest

-Pyramids of squats with 30 pound bar and dead lift with same bar

-2 minute walking cool down

In case people are keeping track at home, that's 110 push-ups, etc. Yes, trainer Traci was in drill sergeant mode yesterday.

I admit I whined a little, but it was because my technique sucks on dead lifts and I was making it spasm. Otherwise it felt great. I was a little sore yesterday, but not nearly what I was expecting. So, I kept it simple and ran and did a few light weights.

I am always ready for anything and say I want new fitness challenges. So I am looking forward to this afternoon. Hopefully it will simply be another kick my ass workout.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment