Monday, June 30, 2008

Ready for a Workout

Friday I put in a hardcore workout, lots of cardio, core and weights. Learned once and for all that my Achilles and doing killer cardio on the elliptical DO NOT MIX. It has ended up aching again. There is also a better than average chance that the convention I helped coordinate for 20 hours straight on Saturday may have taken some toll as well.

That convention is why I did not get in a workout on Saturday or Sunday. Saturday I was on my feet, moving for most of the time at the Iowa Events Center. I lost track of exactly how much walking I did. But I know I only sat for maybe 3 hours all day. Of course, as usual when I get busy, I didn't eat as well as I should have.

Then yesterday I was exhausted, so getting up and going to the gym was out. But the real reason I didn't even try to go yesterday was the feeling that my calves, especially my right one, had been put through a shredder. I don't know is that was purely from spending a whole day on concrete floors or if it had combined with Friday's workout. Whatever the reason, they were quite painful. In fact today they are still kind of bothering me.

And yet, that is not going to stop me from walking out of the office in 5 minutes and going to the gym. I am going to change, run/walk outside (depending on what my calves say) and do weights/core. Maybe it will clear my head. Maybe it will make me less restless. Man I hope so.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment