Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia

Remember the commercials encouraging you to buy the little Terra cotta animals and cover them in chia seeds to watch them grow?

Well, it turns out those seeds or at least their organic cousins, are really good for you.  They are high in protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.

Diana, a former dancer, told me about them a couple of years ago, but until I saw them on a friend's desk, I was hesitant to try them.  Well, I have and I like them.

They have a slight nutty taste, but they go into anything and have a myriad of health benefits.  One of which is bowel regularity, which was an unexpected bonus.  Otherwise, they are simply a great way to add key healthy nutrients into your diet.

I got mine in the bulk section at Gateway Market for CHEAP.  You can get them at most health food stores as well.  Below you will find the nutritional breakdown.  If you have been struggling with fiber or protein, it's a great opportunity for you.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment