Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Missing: 13-year old Des Moines Girl

I will be the first to admit, Tiffany Speck could simply be a runaway.  But at just 13-years old, she is still in danger.  Even though I don't know her family, something about this girl feels personal and that's why I am posting it.  


I remember 13, it sucked.  My parents had split up a few years before, I was helping raise my two younger brothers, I got my curves before all of the other girls (and was made fun of for it) and I was depressed.  The last in that list was the hardest, because nobody put a name on it.  Instead I was sent to a psychologist who told me, "You are a rebellious brat who is trying to make things more difficult for your parents.  You are not special.  You should be drugged until you cooperate."  Nice. 


I don't know Tiffany's world.  Her life could be idyllic, she may have never had a blue thought.  On the other hand, even in the best of homes, you can sometimes feel alone.  And that loneliness can lead you down a path on which you may be too young to see the danger.  Personally, I am praying she's safe, tucked away at a friend's house that is great at keeping a secret.  Either way, let's find her.  Her picture and info are below.

13-year old Tiffany Speck

Tiffany Speck was last seen November 5th around 8:30 am on the corner of South Union and Kirkwood on the Southside of Des Moines, IA.

She was wearing a black sweatshirt with a McKee School logo on the left shoulder, jeans and grey sweater boots. Tiffany is 5’ 2”, 145 lbs., brown eyes, her hair is blond on top, brown on the bottom.

If you have any information on her please contact Detective Jeff Shannon at 515-237-1550 or the Des Moines Police at 515-283-4811. A witness reported seeing her coaxed into a red Cadillac after missing her school bus.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment