Monday, May 7, 2007

Another Set of Inspiring Abs

As I have walked along this path to health and fitness, I have seized inspiration where it has appeared. I think of finding great quotes or pictures as serendipity. Now, I have been a Bon Jovi fan since the last time I weighed my goal weight, (I was 14) so my wanting to share the latest video from the band on my weight loss blog, while odd, is no surprise. But, believe it or not, there is a connection between Jon Bon Jovi and my ability to motivate myself.



That is indeed what is under his clothes and I am inspired. More importantly I was moved by a quote from him on working out. Alas, I have officially spent WAY too much time searching for it on the web to no avail, so I will not be sharing it. But, to paraphrase, it was something along the lines of working out being something you just do, like eating or breathing, it is a daily requirement of living.

Before that idea appeared, in whatever article, I had never even considered that concept. Workouts to me were a means to an end and one I hated. I had always considered them temporary and that when I had lost the weight, I could slow down to minimal. Now I realize, that's not an option. I am not in the midst of a "diet" or "exercise program", I am in the middle of life. And if I want this life to be long and fruitful, I had better be reasonable and make the changes (which are permanent)that are necessary for longevity.

So there you are, seek inspiration wherever you can, but don't be surprised if it pops up unexpectedly in your face.

Now here's the video that launched this post: (Please note the man still looks amazing at 45!)


'(You Want to) Make a Memory' Video - Bon Jovi - AOL Music: " "

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 186 pounds (Weigh in is tomorrow, here's hoping.)

No comments:

Post a Comment