Saturday, May 19, 2007

I have new friends...


They are my pelvic bones. I met them today, quite by accident.

I was doing my usual hands on hip thing to think in front of the computer. (You see, I stand instead of sit, to burn more calories.) Well, my left hand hit something. As I have lost weight I have become acutely aware of all kinds of bumps in my body, mainly fat lumps, but this one surprised me, it was hard. I had the passing thought that this indeed could be bone, so I poke myself in the same spot on the right hand side - bam there was one there too. Hot damn.

One problem, I haven't felt a pelvic bone on my body in nearly 20 years. I wasn't entirely convinced it was in the right place. So Google to the rescue. I pulled up pictures of female skeletons, pictures of discreetly nude women and art drawings. By god, they were right where mine are. I was floored.

Now I was reintroduced to my ribs a couple of months ago, but they were easy to figure out, they cover the lungs. To say I felt extremely remedial at needing to find pictures to be sure where a body part was, especially one of my own, is an understatement. But that didn't take away from the pure thrill of finding that under all of my fat I am anatomically correct.

I even called my mom, just to have someone to share the news with. Now, I am even more motivated to hit the streets tonight for my walk. I have decided that I am even going to try some light running interspersed with it.

I have actually been moving in some form all day, even before finding my new friends. I have stretched, done resistance, taken a short walk and now I am looking forward to hitting the streets for my long walk in about 2 hours. (I have to wait to get through work.) I feel like I am becoming a bit obsessed with exercise, but dear lord, if that becomes an addiction, I think it will all be okay.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 183 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment