Sunday, March 7, 2010

Girl Scout Cookies - Little Taunts from the Underworld

About eight weeks ago I ordered Girl Scout cookies from my friend Traci at work.  I wanted to be generous and thought I had plans for what I ordered - all NINE boxes of them.  What?

She delivered them on Friday and I was like, "What, in the hell, was I thinking?" 

I seem to remember something about crust for a cheesecake and Thin Mints freezing well.  But beyond that, it was another food shopping blackout.  That happens more often than I would like to admit.  I'll walk through the store getting what I actually need, see something interesting (read: not good for me) and then when I get to the checkout, the naughty Luci in me (short for Lucifer), has put them in the cart. 

Now sometimes I am good and hand them to the clerk saying I have changed my mind.  Far too often though, I go ahead and get it anyway.  Then I try to bring it to work and pawn the bulk of the stuff off on co-workers, probably sabotaging their healthy life changes.

Anyway, I can't ask the clerk to put back the Girl Scout cookies.  So, so far, I have passed off four boxes to other people as 'gifts'.  The others are sitting in a giant box by my desk whispering sweet naughtiness in my ear.  Some of the Peanut Butter Patties have already won a place in my stomach. 

Though no worries to the little girls in green, I don't blame the Girl Scouts - I blame the cookies. ;)

Yours in health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment