Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Back in a Rhythm

The last two days I have put in a full workout - 30 minutes or more of cardio and 30-45 minutes of weights and core. I feel much better. The exercise combined with eating right again has even shed a couple of the pounds that crept on during the floods.

Did I mention I feel much better?

I had a couple of friends question my sanity when I missed workouts during the floods and fundraising afterward. I realize now they were right, I should have made the time and put in even 20 minutes.

I also know full well how to pack for an impossible day when it comes to food. But I used it as an excuse to chow total crap. My only saving grace was that I made sure to get my fruits/veggies, whole grains and protein everyday. The problem is that meant all the crap I was eating simple added up to extra calories, hence the weight gain.

God forbid we have another disaster, I will take care of myself. Somewhere in the midst of all the craziness I forgot that if I falter, nothing gets done. And the master becomes the apprentice.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment