Monday, July 21, 2008

Year Three

I have spent much of the weekend thinking about what the third year of my lifelong journey to health will look like. Some overriding themes have floated to the top:

- I will diversify: Trying new workouts, sports and exercise routines will continue to keep my boredom at bay.

- I will eat less, but with more nutrition: I need to re-simplify my food, dive even deeper into whole foods and learn more about eating healthy.

- I will consider how to tell my story: In the last two years I have been asked about my journey, blogged about my journey and asked to speak about my journey. Now I am being encouraged to write a book and do more speaking about my journey. I question the validity of the idea, but as I have always wanted to write a book, perhaps there is a way to tell the story without ever claiming to be an expert - because I am not.

- I will make more time: While I cannot actually conjure seconds or minutes, I can do a better job of managing them. I need to prioritize and decided what is really important to me and then DO it.

- I will increase my health: Whether through better eating, more exercise, additional sleep or mental downtime, I will be a healthier person on July 18, 2009 than I am today.

So, here's to my plan, vague as it looks it is a direction and to some extent a mantra - Get Healthy.

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment