Monday, January 24, 2011

Comfort Food

It turned off sunny today, which is awesome.  In fact, the weather looks pretty good, right up until the weekend when it's going to get ugly cold.  Perfect, time for comfort food.

I know what you are thinking - comfort = unthinkable amount of calories.  True, though there are healthier ways to get that warmth in your stomach and smile on your face.  I dug around for a recipe that was healthier and still takes you to a 'happy place' for the ultimate comfort food - macaroni and cheese.

Honestly, mac n' cheese is a calorie bomb, but it can be better.  This recipe from a cooking blog, Gina's Skinny Recipes, that I had never been to before, does just that.  I plan to look deeper, I have a feeling I found a new favorite site.

So, enjoy your comfort cold when it gets below zero again this weekend.  And remember a side of broccoli or a big salad make great fillers.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment