Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Good Workout

FB Friend Dave Corbett's Shot
from last winter - any excuse
to promote Dave's talent!
As I watched the snow fall this morning I fought the temptation to skip the gym.  I went and it was hard, but it was worth it.  Gwyn had me do a number of things that now have my shoulders almost unwilling to work.  Oh and my ribs hurt from some of the ab work.  But I learned a lesson.

That lesson is, snowy days don't seem so hard when you are hot coming out of the gym. :)  No really.  The rest of my day felt like it flew along and I was able to get a few things done.  If I hadn't gone?  Well, I forgot my super-healthy lunch at home this morning, so I probably would have split the pizza that always gets ordered in on days like today.  Instead I grabbed a healthy sandwich and some milk on the way back.

Tomorrow, even snowier.  I plan to go to the gym, it's pool day!  Unless we get more than expected and I have to stay at work or Gwyn can't get to the YMCA Healthy Living Center, I will be there.

Yours in Health,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. That is great Kate that you went. I had a Wellness Coach meeting planned for this evening but I had to cancel. :( I did schedule it for this Wednesday evening. It is so slick over here I would be iffy if I went on getting home.

    I love reading your blogs, they inspire me, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa! And good for you for rescheduling. Had another great workout with Gwyn today. It was water and really needed after shoveling last night. :)

    ReplyDelete