Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I have been so busy getting back in the rhythm of working out and eating right, I have let the blog slide.  I apologize, again.  :)  But I promise this really is the restart of writing.

I am currently doing two-a-day workouts to help my brother get back in the swing of working out.  Gordon really wants to crack this thing and so we are able to keep each other on track.  So, yesterday and today are two workouts a day.

Yesterday was kettle bells - a 'surprise' courtesy of Gwyn at the YMCA Healthy Living Center.  I went to train and instead she and I joined a kettle bell class with Greg, another trainer who specializes in the bells.  By the way, everyone asks, "Why do they call it a kettle bell?"  Here is a picture, you will see it has a passing resemblance to a tea kettle.
Well, you use the tool a number of ways, but one of the most frequent is swinging it through your legs and bending over each time you hike the kettle bell.  It's a great combo of weights and cardio.  But it's also really hard on your body the first few times, as I am still feeling in my lower back and hamstrings this afternoon! :)

Even with the aches, I am planning to go back next Monday.  Gwyn is going out of town and I will be training myself next week.  So, I think I may try some classes on top of the other workouts with Gordon.

As for today, Gwyn ran me through a circuit on the machines - 1 minute of lifting weights, one minute of cardio moves in between.  Plus, three sets of minute long crunches on a weight machine.  I expect my back with be better tomorrow and my abs will be the next ache.  LOL.

Well, I have to go finish work.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment