Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Firming Up

Yesterday was all about the upper body with my trainer Gwyn at the YMCA Healthy Living Center.  Gwyn makes sure it's tough, so those days are great and hard all at once.  I am getting stronger, so we are constantly trying to get the weights right.  LOL.  Yesterday on one lift I went from 12.5 to 20 pounds in three rounds - hot dang!

I love the way my arms and shoulders are changing shapes.  Even the extra swag of fat is slowly skimming away, I am on my way to no more turkey wattle.

It's not just those areas that are firming up, my glutes are tightening, I can feel my abs through my tummy fat and my breasts have been given a natural lift.  (I know, that may be too much information.)  But I am thrilled.  The scale seems to be stuck, but the muscle is coming on fast enough, that sooner or later, that will give way too.

You know, you don't have to have a trainer to start getting firmer - though I recommend one when you are ready to commit to a permanent change.  Instead, you can start at home and once you have been at it for a month, and know you are ready, you should seek out help to set a plan for real change - it's working for me.

Tomorrow I will share a list from Gwyn of the top items to have for a home workout to test your will to be healthier.

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment