Saturday, September 25, 2010

Looong Week and Lots of Rain

Yes, it has been one of those weeks.  Lots of stress at work, lots of silly people in the world outside of work (and that's being kind) and the rain simply won't abate.  I am sitting here, listening to the water pour onto the roof at work as I finish my duties before heading for a workout.  That's the one area in my life that has been o.k. this week.

I had three great workouts with trainer Gwyn at the YMCA Healthy Living Center.  She even put me on a cardio machine I wouldn't have tried on my own - and it worked.  I wouldn't have tried it because I was afraid the pushing down and swiveling around would leave my knees aching horribly.  As luck would have it, it left me sore, but otherwise alright.  In fact, I am still feeling my glutes throb, which is good, because my glutes need plenty of work.

Now I am going to go work things out in the water of the exercise pool - I know, I could just stand outside and get soaked to.  Here's hoping tomorrow's sunny forecast holds or we will have fall floods to match the spring and summer ones. ;)

Tomorrow:  Introducing Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment