Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Latest on Workouts

Trainer Gwyn loves to kick my butt.  And I love it too.

We warm up every session with 15 minutes of cardio.  Then lately we've been doing a lot of heavier weights.  Tons of different moves to tweak every possible location in my body.  It's a great way to bulk up my muscle, which helps me burn more calories and slowly change my shape.  I'm not going out for Ms. Olympia, but I know that the more muscle I pack on the better my bones are protected and the better I feel.

At least one day a week she and I are also in the pool.  If you think this is for wimps - wrong.  She often has me start with laps, which is hilarious because I am a total crap swimmer.  LOL.  In fact, I probably burn more calories trying to do it than a professional swimmer because I am flailing around.  Doesn't matter though, I try and that's all that counts.

She also has me do weights in the water, running and the ab work she had me do the other day I felt more than I have been on land, nice.  Water is also where I am on my days without Gwyn.  I switch between the lap pool and the exercise pool.  Even on the days I think, "I can't workout today, I'm not feeling great", I know the pool will make it better.

Today was a lot of biceps and triceps.  I suspect picking up a tissue will be a toughie tomorrow, but it's totally worth it. :)

Yours in Health,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment