Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Don't you think you should stop now?"

Yesterday I put in a killer hour and a half at Fitness World West, it was awesome! I love it when I am able to put in the ultra effort without Trainer Traci along for the ride, I always feel empowered. Though I certainly wouldn't give up my time with her for anything.

I went out with Lori and Linda last night. We went to dinner at Raccoon River and then next door to Little Big Fest at the Hotel Fort Des Moines. It was a American roots rock event. We only went to see one band, Jim the Mule. (I've mentioned them before, they are very, very good.)

After the show we went to Zanzibar's and on the way there Linda asked me if I was done losing weight. I said "no", I have a ways to go. She seemed concerned. I assured her, I still weigh 153 pounds at 5' 4", I still have fat to lose and more muscle to put on. While I may appear to be skinny to her, (and to a number of others who have expressed concern) I am not.

I am losing weight healthfully and slowly, the only way to do it and keep it off. I still have at least 25 pounds of fat to take off. That being said, once it is off and the muscle is on, I may end up back at the weight I sit at now. And that's o.k., it's not about what I weigh, it's how I feel and how my clothes fit.

So, no, I don't think I should stop now. But I will stop trying to lose at some point and then I will go down the road I fear the most - Maintenance. That's the place I will be the rest of my life and I am looking forward to building a lovely house to grown old in there.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment