Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why I love Fitness World West

Fitness World West.

The reasons I love my gym (in no particular order):

- Trainer Traci (o.k., that is #1)

- It's a gym that will meet any fitness need. There are people just starting out, elderly folks going through therapy, people like me who are fit and trying to get even more so and really fit people all the way up to competitors in Iron Man and Ultimate Fighting.

- People are there to get fit. There are gym friends and nice conversations, but it's not a pick-up joint full of people that are there to "look good". People are there to workout.

- It's very modern and "old school" at the same time. The machines are modern, so much so most of the cardio machines have LCD TVs! All the basic cable channels at your fingertips while you run, bike or do elliptical. "Old school" because there are plenty of free weights down stairs and a pool if you are just looking to swim.
- It's always clean. I know this may seem basic, but if I could number the gyms I have been in where you felt afraid to touch things, you'd know how important it is. Besides, the other members get it and always wipe down the equipment when they are done.

- The other trainers willingly give you a bit of advice if yours is not around. That's another gripe I have had about gyms before, the trainers always held themselves above everyone else. They didn't even want to make eye contact without charging you for 30 seconds of their time.

- In fact, all of the staff is great. From the moment you walk in you feel welcome and everyone says "Hi". But, if you don't want to converse beyond that, they don't press, they just let you do your thing.

- I feel comfortable. I never feel like any of the members or staff are staring or judging when I workout. Everyone is clear that there are different levels for everyone. And everything has to be tried for the first time once.

- It's fun. I have tried a few classes and the instructors keep it fun, even if you have never been there before. They are patient and teach, not condescend.

- It's easy access. Right off I-235 on Westown Parkway, right across from Valley West Mall.

There are other reasons too, but I think you get the point. No matter where you are in getting healthy, whether at losing pound one or trying to cut your 10K time, you really should consider joining me at Fitness World West.

They even have a one week FREE trial offer to see if it fits your fitness style.


Hope to see you at the gym!

Yours in Fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment