Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shoes and bras

I would love to be more creative with the title of my blog post, but well, that's what today has been all about. It's Saturday and I am running around trying to catch up on two weeks worth of errands I have put off.

This morning it was running and pilates. Then on to shopping with my mom. We did serious damage at Jordan Creek Town Center and I got her intrigued by the idea of Rockin' Shoppin' Eve. (Shopping the day after Thanksgiving starting at 12:01 a.m. see HERE for more.)

Two things were bought to reward myself for my continued diligence in working out and losing weight. Two pounds this week, bringing my total to 107. I purchased a couple of pairs of beautiful and cool shoes for work. They were on mega sale - half price! And I snagged a new sports bra.

The later I needs to take a moment to encourage you to do as well. Until I started running, I wore a cheap, seemingly solid sports bra from a discount chain. The first time I ran, I nearly knocked myself out - the "girls" were everywhere. The funny thing is, once upon a time, that would have stopped me from trying again. Instead I invested in myself and bought a heavy duty, for the well endowed sports bra. It made it possible to run comfortably. But it also did something else.

A few days after I bought it I read an article on why women need good sports bras - sagging and stretch marks. That's what is caused by not having enough support when you are doing jarring exercise. Now, if yoga is your thing, wear whatever is comfortable. But if you are walking hard, running, on the elliptical or an endless number of other cardio options, smush those girls against you to skip undo damage.

The other thing I need today is my overdue reward for the 5K - my new running shoes. So, that's where I am running now, Fitness Sports.

Yours in fitness, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment