Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dish #4 & Tired

Sorry I am not posting much tonight. It's getting far too late for me to be up. I worked, visited my dad, worked out (those last two were of course the highlights of the day) and I volunteered. I love to volunteer, but tonight it was at a union hall where smoking is allowed, it made my throat sore - that makes me cranky.

Oh well, this recipe makes me happy. I am a big believer there should be a green veggie at every meal, even at the holidays.

Broccoli and Peppers

Ingredients:
1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
1 red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine or regular margarine
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
1. Place broccoli and pepper in a steamer basket over simmering water. Steam, covered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain.
2. Arrange on a serving platter. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt the margarine. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper. Drizzle over broccoli mixture. Makes 6 servings.

Nutrition facts per serving:
(Servings Per Recipe 6 servings)

Calories 42
Total Fat (g) 2
Saturated Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) 0
Sodium (mg) 63
Carbohydrate (g) 5
Fiber (g) 3
Protein (g) 2
Vitamin A (DV%) 23
Vitamin C (DV%) 131
Calcium (DV%) 3
Iron (DV%) 4

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment