Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Food Hangover - Part Duh

I seem to remember, after indulging at Thanksgiving, swearing to hold myself accountable and not do it again. Well, I've said it more times than I can count - I am a food addict. And yesterday I slipped.

It wasn't the meal that did me in, no, I ate a small sandwich with just turkey on whole wheat, some roasted sweet potatoes, some steamed broccoli and carrots and a dollop of cheesy potatoes. No the meal was fine.

The endless "tastes" of sugary treats afterward, extremely not fine. By the time everything was said and done I had easily eaten two cookies, a piece of fudge, a bar of some kind (maybe two, I was starting to have an eating blackout - o.k., not really, but it's quite the visual isn't it?) and a piece of my mom's magnificent chocolate cake left over from Sunday.

Yep, it was old school Kate. No stopping. The thinner me was being held in a small closet inside while the evil "Luci" (my inner demon) was running amok and even eating peppermint kisses! (Not a big fan of peppermint.)

So today, I feel like 'normal' people do when they've tied one on with a bottle of Jack Daniels or a 12 pack of Leinie's. I've been nauseous most of the day and if I even look at anything sweet, I get a little erpy.

I swear, if I don't learn my lesson after this one, well... I guess I will have to stop regarding myself as "A relatively intelligent woman", because I will have proven my inane mediocrity.

In the meantime, it's been all healthy today. But I expect it to be days before I completely 'detox'. I am due to interview Senator Fred Thompson tomorrow in Osceola at a town hall. I hope none of his supporters bring cookies - sorry Fred.

Yours in ugh, erp, health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment