Friday, December 28, 2007

Traci's Tips - 12/28/07


Here's trainer Traci's tips for the week. She is off to Colorado to do something I find fascinating - snow boarding. I find it so interesting since I do not believe I have the grace for that or skiing. But for the first time ever, I believe I have the fitness. As I am sure that the skills can be learned, if not the grace, I will put this on my list of things to try in 2008. There are more, but I will cover those next week, as I am sure you will as well.

Traci's Tips of the week:

1. If possible, trade out the old office chair for a fit ball or physio-ball. This will help with your posture and will also keep you more alert. This also has several other benefits!

2. Get up and walk around when you get a few minutes of free time. This will get your blood pumping and flowing a little bit. It will also help you burn a few extra calories!

3. Make yourself a new playlist to workout to. You will find that it pumps you up just a little bit more than your last one and may give you that extra kick you were looking for!

4. When celebrating the new year pick the drinks that are not as high in calories but contain fruit! Real fruit, like smoothies.

5. Moves of the week: 3 x 20
Ski Jumps- side to side with 2 feet
Reverse Crunches- pulling the knees to chest using abs
Do some extra cardio as well to help burn those holiday treats off! :)

Yours in fitness, Kate

2 comments:

  1. I will snowboard with you! I did it in Tahoe a million years ago, but I bet a lesson can be had at Sleepy Hollow or someplace like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. We should plan it for a weekend when Caelen is away. By the way, we need to plan our outing to skate with the boy as well.

    ReplyDelete