Thursday, December 6, 2007

Stress

It has been a long day. I have been here at work since 4 a.m., it's now 4:27 p.m.

The weather is not cooperating and being the news director, I have to stick around and get the closings and delays updated.

But other things have come to bear over the last few days as well. I am in the business of communication, but I have two situations where words have failed me and terse discussions have ensued. I am not that person.

It has lead me to want junk food. I have held back simply by being too busy to find my way to the junk. The only upside to having no time is I can't run away to the pastry shop. I don't like thinking I would do that. I thought I was past that.

But that urge and one to drink have both held sway in my mind the last couple of days. I don't drink because they told me it would increase my acid reflux, but weeks like these, I am awfully tempted to "take the edge off" with a shot. It wouldn't even have to taste bad because since I quit imbibing 8 years ago, they have created some wonderfully fruity (read: girly) liquors. Hopefully blogging about it will be enough.

Well, I am going to go work on my MySpace page. Yes, due to networking needs, I have succumbed. I still don't know where I sit with that decision.

Best always, Ms_H
Weight - 153 pounds (Yes, I seem to forever be at 153, I'm working on it)

No comments:

Post a Comment