Sunday, December 30, 2007

Keep on rollin' through ick-ville

I ended up taking Friday off from the gym because when I woke up my throat was raw and I was quite achy. However, I slept for nearly ten hours Friday into Saturday (a record in recent history) and the sore throat was gone, but the achiness remained. That did not stop me however, I went and hit it at the gym. I came away feeling pretty great for a sick person. Please note, if I were running a fever (a.k.a. potentially contagious) I would not have gone, because that is just plain wrong. Also, ick or not, I ALWAYS wipe machines when I am done, because anything else would be rude, oh and dirty.

Trainer Traci is awesome for many reasons, but one of the wonderful things she does for me is write up workouts for when she is gone. You see we normally workout Monday-Wednesday-Friday, but she is gone until Wednesday. That means Friday and tomorrow I am without her, so she knocked routines for me. Since I didn't go on Friday, I did that workout yesterday. Today I will do my own thing and then tomorrow it's another Traci workout.

Yes, I am working out on New Year's Eve Day and New Year's Day too. Not doing it would start the New Year off all wrong for me, so I am going to make the most of the fact that Fitness World West will be open. By the way, if you have resolved to get healthy in the New Year, this would be a great time to stop by, they have a joining special. Let them know I told you. :)

Well, speaking of the gym, if I am going to make it and then get to my mother's for dinner, I better roll.

Yours in fitness, Kate

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the lack of crowd in the gym New Year's Day!

    On the 2nd, all the "resolutionaries" start crowding the place. Fortunately (for us not them), they only make it a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Yea, I encouraged them to be open on New Year's day. I expect the regular people to be there to quite an extent. They don't open until 10 a.m. though. ;) I was going to go VERY early, after I work. But I will definitely be there with bells on.

    As for those that will resolve to get healthier. I hope they are smart about it and ease in. That way they are less likely to say screw it. LOL. Been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete