Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ick and Caucuses

I woke up this morning with a small sore throat. Now I am achy and tired.

I blame Fred Thompson. All right, I can't really blame a guy running for president for my apparent cootie. But I can put the fact that I didn't get to the gym today squarely on his shoulders.

Instead of going to the gym I drove to Osceola and interviewed him and moderated a town hall meeting. It has been a long time since I have looked at the caucus process up close and personal in a small town. Even with people's deep concern about issues, there was a warmth in the room because they felt a real part of the process. They are you know and you can be too.

It's a week to the caucuses here in Iowa. There is still time to get to an event, ask your question or listen to a candidate speak. Then on Thursday, January 3rd at 6:30 p.m., go to your caucus and be a part of history. It is as great an honor as regular voting and just as important, if not more so. If you need to know where your precinct caucus is - click here for Democrats and here for Republicans.

Besides, people who are involved in their community and vote, are sexier than those who stay home and watch TV. It goes back to a rule I have learned these last 17.5 months - it is much more fun to 'do' than it is to 'be'. That applies to working out AND doing your civic duty.

Yours in (pseudo)health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment