Sunday, December 2, 2007

Holiday Eating

After my overindulgence at Thanksgiving I am dead set on doing it "right" at Christmas. (And every day in between, man food is EVERYWHERE right now.)

So I have been looking for inspiration and I just ran across this brilliant thinking on the Cooking Light site: "If you want to sample something, go ahead. The key word is "sample." If you really like a particular dish, ask the host or hostess for the recipe. There's no need to overindulge if you know you can enjoy it again later."

I had honestly NEVER thought of that before. But then again, that's a food addict for you. If he tastes good, you must need more - NOW!

There's a bonus to this idea, by the way, nothing compliments a host more then being asked for a recipe. Good food and good feelings, going together in a healthy way; it really is brilliant.

This does bring up the subject of "healthing" (not a real word, I checked, but frequently used in conversation by people) up recipes for the holidays to make eating easier. I will be seeking out recipes to share over the next two weeks. This week, starting tomorrow, it will be cookies. Next week - party dishes and the week after that side dishes. No need really to share main dish recipes, because generally people do turkey or ham and frankly, it's pretty easy to keep those healthy. (However, if you need help or your main dish is usually enchiladas and you need a healthier take on it, let me know.)

Yours in health, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment