Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Fantasy

I am lacking motivation today. It is why I am blogging at the moment instead of, well anything else.

Really, only two things I MUST do today - Go to workout at Fitness World West; buy a gift for my brother-in-law. Other than that (like the rest of the world) if I accomplish anything else, well bonus.

Oh, and there is one other thing I must accomplish, getting these freaking little candies off my desk. Excuse me for a minute... All right, that's better. They are now in the candy dish at the front desk. At least if I want them I have to move to get them.

By the way, I noted the Asian food festival we have at my Dad's every Christmas Eve. Well, it started with a burned dinner and emergency call to have Chinese food delivered like 10 years ago and then became a tradition. It is also our Easter tradition. Odd since we are neither Chinese or traditional. Tonight I will have to miss out though, I have to work at 5:45 in the morning, so I will go to bed instead.

That's all right though, I'll get to hang with my furry children AND I will not ingest all of the lovely fat and calories of Americanized Asian food. Hopefully my healthier dinner will give me visions of sweet things to dance in my head - "On Gerry, on George, on Jon and on Viggo... Dash this way, dash this way, dash this way all..." (For those keeping track that is - Gerard Butler, George Clooney, Jon Bon Jovi and Viggo Mortensen.)

As a typical woman, you know what I want them doing -

A nice massage, home cooked meal, a little deep house cleaning, ooh, oh yeah and my car could use some work. (Slow anti-freeze leak, which one of you can twist a wrench?) Mmm. Thoughts like that will keep you warm on a cold winter's night.

So, whatever your fantasy, may it come true when the big guy drops down the chimney tonight.

Just a note regarding Santa: he may be big, but he is totally in shape and has amazing heart health. This is because he is constantly in training to withstand his annual night of magical world-wide travel. there is nothing like messing with the space-time continuum to give you a workout.

Yours in merriness, Kate

PS - Here are my little elves to help motivate you (and me):




No comments:

Post a Comment